Friday, 29 March 2013
A volunteers day has been arranged on Sunday 7th April 2013. If you have a few hours to spare, would like to know more or can donate something for a tombola or raffle you would be very welcome.
|Photo by Arthur Procter|
The cuts may include some or all of the following:
- No longer employing people with any horticultural knowledge to look after flowerbeds, trees, shrubs and parkland.
- Removing instead of repairing or replacing broken play equipment.
- Removing instead of repairing or replacing broken fencing, seating, signage, and other street furniture.
- Picking up litter in parks no more than once per week.
- Fewer staff based at specific parks (this will almost certainly impact Marple Memorial Park's staffing).
- Removing support to Friends of Park Groups, leaving them to try and get on with a bigger work load on their own.
- A cessation or reduction in the frequency of hedge trimming, cutting grass, removing graffiti, pruning, weeding and maintenance of parks.
Wednesday, 20 March 2013
Monday, 4 March 2013
The ASDA application was refused planning permission and the Kirkland application was granted.
Although ASDA has been refused planning permission by the Local Planning Authority (SMBC) they may appeal the decision.